MedStar Health and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital are pleased to announce the call for abstracts for the 12th Annual Abdominal Wall Reconstruction June 10–12, 2021, at the Mandarin Oriental in Washington, D.C.
AWR accepts abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation. Abstracts will be reviewed and selected on the basis of their scientific merit and content quality. Submitted abstracts meeting the eligibility requirements will be considered for poster presentation on Thursday, June 10 to Saturday, June 12, with a special poster viewing session during the Welcome Reception on Thursday, June 10. The top abstracts will also be awarded and presented orally in the conference general session on Saturday, June 12th during Session VII.
We invite you to participate by submitting a 250-word abstract, which should describe work with relevance to abdominal wall reconstruction.
- All material presented in the abstract must be current, relevant and free from ethical bias.
- Company logos of the supporting company are prohibited on any part of the presentation.
Submission Deadline: Abstracts must be submitted by March 19, 2021
- Acceptance notification will be sent via email by Friday, April 9, 2021
- Abstracts are selected on the basis of scientific merit.
- Expenses associated with the presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
- At least one presenting/submitting author per abstract must register and pay for the conference in order to have poster on display.
- If you have submitted an abstract for review or presentation at another conference, this does not remove your eligibility to submit to AWR.
A limited number of meritorious abstracts will be accepted for oral presentations. The top oral presentations will occur Saturday, June 12 at 8:30 a.m. They are limited to 7 minutes for presentation followed by 3 minutes for questions-and-answers.
Poster size is 4 feet tall x 3.5 feet wide.
If you have questions regarding the abstracts, please contact AWR Planning Committee at MedStarAWR@gmail.com.